Thursday, January 29, 2015

Chatter Addict

So I walked into the office to speak with some adults today. Under the guise of "wanting help figuring something out". Well technically I did need help figuring something out, but what I needed more was adult conversation. So I took what I could and handed my child a phone to play mind craft so I could get in a few extra uninterrupted minutes of golden grown up communication. 

Then I spoke to another woman as I was leaving. She happened to talk to me about something I am super interested in and know a lot about. So I proceeded to throw up all the information I knew about the subject and overstayed my 'cubicle adult conversation' welcome. I later apologized in an email for talking way too much. Which I think may have made me appear even stranger.

Lastly tonight I was suppose to teach a class. Which I am good at in big groups. I can act professional and stay on topic and task, for the most part. When only two people showed up and the setting was more intimate I proceeded to go on and on. Once again giving too much information and letting the topics go all over the place.

I feel a bit sheepish now and I slightly wonder what those people think of me. Maybe I will just stick to having adult conversations with myself. Goodnight self.

No comments:

Post a Comment