Friday, March 13, 2015

Nocturnal

I am a child of the night. Not the kind you might be thinking of. My night time activities are far less romantic than those you hear in stories. I am exhausted all day then ten o'clock hits and zing I am awake and if I make to one o'clock it gets even worse. 

I use to tell myself every night "tomorrow I will go to bed earlier". I have given up on that. I find it is much easier to just do what I want and not make myself feel guilty over it. That is as long as I am ok with feeling like a zombie every morning, afternoon and evening. Dark chocolate seems to fix my exhaustion somewhat. 

Everyone is looking for the magic energy fix or youth potion. If you are like me and you have not completely succumbed to the night do yourself a favor get some melatonin and train yourself to go to bed before ten thirty, before it is too late. I am sure adding two earlier hours of sleep every night would fix half of my problems.

It is 5:30 pm and I am exhausted. Maybe I will get a short nap in before everyone wants dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment